Thursday, March 26, 2015

Five Things for Friday

1.  I'm obsessed, obsessed I tell you, with the podcast Serial.   It's a podcast that chronicles a murder and each episode makes me come to a different conclusion.   I find every excuse to pop in my ear buds and listen to another episode. I even listen to it while I am walking around the store.  I'm wondering what other podcasts I'm missing, so fill me in on what you are listening to.

2.  We have been fighting over the leftovers of this Lettuce Wrap recipe for the last few weeks.  I have been know to eat these for breakfast on occasion, and they are low carb, fairly low cal, and delish.  I use lean ground turkey breast instead of ground chicken because it's something I usually have on hand. 

3. I just finished the book "The Supremes at Earl's All-You-Can-Eat" and loved the characters like they were old friends. I laughed out loud on multiple occasions and shed a tear as well.  I didn't want this book to end and kept putting off reading the last few chapters, I just didn't want to see the story end. 

4.  I've got Summer Fever real bad.   A recent trip to the beach and a couple days off school for Spring Break have given me a taste of our summer personas.  I can't stop dreaming of our Ultimate Super Mega Summer IV.    I love that my kids are already thinking about it too and are keeping their eye out for our annual "Summer Read by the Pool Book."  They have also come up with lofty goals for the summer such as "Find the best donuts in Los Angeles."  I'm so completely done with school projects and studying for tests.  I dream of homeschooling, but we all know I'd be the worst at it.  I would totally count watching "Deadliest Catch" as a unit on marine biology and watching The Amazing Race as a geography lesson.  My kids would graduate with a diploma that would only prepare them to compete on a reality game show and would be useless in the job market. So for now, we will stick with traditional education and count down our days until our next "Ultimate Super Mega Summer."

5. For the past few months while I do the dishes and clean up the kitchen I've been putting on the Webisodes of "Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee."  It has made a tedious chore 100% more enjoyable and it's the perfect thing to watch when you are only 80% paying attention.

Let me know something that you have been loving lately in the comments below. 


No comments: