Hello? Is this thing on? Anyone out there reading this? Whew, I took a little hiatus from writing and I hated it. I figured the best way to jump back in was to do my favorite "Five for Friday" format. Here are five thoughts rolling around in my head.
1. I'm passionate about this organization, Operation Underground Railroad (OUR Rescue). Not the most pleasant topic, but sex trafficking is an issue that we can not turn our back on. The people at OUR Rescue are making a difference and saving lives. I am thrilled to have been able to screen the documentary "The Abolitionist". It's a must see movie for every adult to understand how we can help put an end to sex trafficking. Join me on May 16, 2016 to watch the movie "The Abolitionist" at a theater near you.
2. Just a heads up, in California it's illegal to hold your cell phone
in your hand while you are driving. So hypothetically, if you are holding
your phone in your hand, face down on your lap while stopped in traffic, and a
cop happens to roll by on a motorcycle and look in your window, they can
give you a ticket. Someone learned that lesson the hard way, but I'm not
3. Also, if you are driving in California, it is legal to eat a big,
fat burger and drive. Your other hand might even be holding a giant drink and
you are using your knees to steer. As long as you aren't veering into
other lanes of traffic, no ticket. Also, if you are driving and using
tweezers to pluck your eyebrows, no worries! No ticket for you. These are all things I
witnessed people doing while I sat on the side of the road waiting for the
police officer to finish writing a ticket for holding my cell phone in my lap.
4. The summer countdown is on, less than 30 days until our Ultimate Super Mega Summer. This summer is kind of a mess, other than a tiny trip there are no concrete plans. I've got to hunker down and figure it out. I'm open to suggestions!
5. I'm still a little bit bitter about #3 and #4. Can you tell?