Monday, January 22, 2007

5 days.. and then I'll be Ancient!

In less than 5 days I'll be 30. Each morning I wake up and look in the mirror and say.... "Really... do I look 30?"

Anyway.. Blogger refused to post these pics yesterday, but I logged in and found them uploaded. So here we are at Prehistoric Pets. It's an amazing pet store specializing in reptiles. They have a giant turtle pond, with Catfish bigger than Amanda. Ross was holding Nathan up to look at a Green Iguana, and it JUMPED at the window, startling everyone! It was hilarious to watch. The turtles cracked me up, and this little guy next to Nathan kept trying to make a break for it, while he thought everyone was distracted with getting worms from Nathan.
http://www.prehistoricpets.com
This is an old pic, but it caught my eye the other day. Here's Ross... but where are the kids. I swear Thomas the Train ropes in the dads more than the kids.
Ross was home for over 3 weeks on hiatus. We were all really bummed when he left for work last week. Here are the kids watching him leave.
Nathan is a freaking genius. No surprise to us. While Ross was home, we all read the newspaper every morning during breakfast. I can't tell you how much it warms my heart to see him reading my favorite publication "The Wall Street Journal"
And on a Final Note... A message to Al Gore:
Look, I've been called a granola girl many times. We eat mostly organic foods, we recycle, I bring my own cloth bags to the store instead of using grocery bags, I'm eagerly waiting for the Honda Pilot Hybrid. But Al, it hasn't hit 60 during the last 3 weeks, and at night it's been in the 30's. This is Southern California. I'm just having a really hard time buying into global warming when my fleecey organic cotton pullover just isn't cutting it for warmth.
P.S. Al, check out how cute my kid looks in her winter gear. Hat compliments of Linda (thank you!) and don't you love the cute Pom Pom on top!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are great! Adorable. Especially Ross :o)

You're about to join the thirtysomething club. Wow. Big stuff. You'll like it. I promise.

Jamie said...

Are you calling me Ancient?

30s are great! And 40 is the new 30 so don't sweat it. OK?

BTW, your kids are so adorable.:)