Monday, February 28, 2011

Snow Day in Los Angeles

Oh beautiful sunny Southern California how I love thee.  Let me count the ways.   The beach, the sun,the traffic,  the exaggerated weather reports...
It had been hyped up all week that it might snow on Saturday early morning, snow levels were to drop to 500 feet.  Lucky for the Chalet, we are at 800 plus feet!  Sadly we awoke to no snow, but later in the day HAIL!
 
Then, the hail turned to sleet... 
Then Snow!
We scraped together the most pitifully awesome little snowman before it all melted. 
I think he is the most beautiful snowman I've ever seen. 
Dear Snow, I know I cursed you and swore at you when we lived together that one time in college.  Let's make amends, why don't you just show up once a year? That was super fun. Yours Truly, Wendy

4 comments:

Noelle Reese said...

LOL I'm in Denver and we get lots of the cold, yucky stuff. I have to agree, that may be the best snowman I have ever seen!

jai said...

Love it!

Except that snowmorphodite is going to give me nightmares....

Mary said...

That is my kind of snow storm.

Connie said...

I'm new to this blog thing so wanted to say thank you since I don't know if I will ever find your site again. You see, today is the 26th anniversary of my mother's death and reading your story has helped me connect with her again since your mother and mine would have been friends if they had known eaxh other. Thamk you.