Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Absolutely my kid...

There is not doubt that this kid, while not flesh of my flesh, shares a giant piece of my heart and soul.  In so many ways he is identical to me, with many of the same quirks. He shares a love for clothes and shoes that potentially surpasses mine. 
Underneath the skinny jeans and the "skater tees" there is a huge heart.  When he learned that TOMS shoes gives one pair of shoes to a child in need for every pair you buy, he says, "Mom, what if we buy 10 pairs, and I just keep one... that's 19 pairs that goes to the kids who need them more than we do."
Mr. Boy shows off his favorite shoes.
And when we have looked online at the petfinder website for the missing dog in our lives, he becomes so concerned for the animals he sees... "Mom, if we don't get that dog, who will take care of it?"  As he lies in bed that night, he frets and worries about the homeless pets.

Relax little one, enjoy your childhood, the time is fleeting and their is ample time to solve the worlds problems.  I have no doubt that this child of mine will grow up to do great things and try to make the world a better place. 

No comments: