Friday, October 24, 2014

Five Things for Friday 10/24/14

Five Things I'm thinking about this Friday:

1.)  We just can't get enough of this book right now.   AK calls it "Franklin-stein" and if anyone corrects her I will banish you.  It's a parody of Madeline and my kids think it is hilarious. I might have a small addiction to holiday themed books. 
2.)  The Holiday Catalogs have started pouring in and my favorite is always the Neiman Marcus Christmas Catalog.  My mom and I always poured over the pages and imagined us receiving the His and Her Gifts.  One year it was a pair of real live Camels and we felt like if we got them, we would have to build an Arabian inspired barn, and then if we got a fancy barn, we'd probably have to tear down the house and build a house to match.   It became a running joke... "It starts with a pet camel... "

3.) I'm completely obsessed with a Roomba vacuum and I'm pretty sure it's because of this video of a cat wearing a shark costume, riding a Roomba.  Ridiculous in the best way possible. If there is a robot who can take over a job that I don't love, why wouldn't I jump all over that?

4.) Every year I get hooked into McDonald's Monopoly.   I don't like to eat at McDonalds and the odds of winning are terrible, but for some reason I find myself going out of my way to get game pieces. My brothers and I used to play it when I was little and my mom who was anxious to skip out on cooking indulged us. Surely, I am not the only one who gets suckered into this marketing gimmick?  
5.)  I'm trying to take pictures for our annual Christmas Card.  Getting the dogs to pose for a decent picture is nearly impossible.  Finally I get a picture where they aren't wrestling, and Zoey's eyes are closed! 

No comments: