Friday, March 17, 2017

Five for Friday - St. Patricks Day Edition

1.  It's St. Patricks Day.  Today not only do we celebrate St. Patrick, we celebrate birthmothers everywhere.   Fourteen years ago today, we met an amazing woman who would change the course of our lives.   We met Mr. Boys Birthmom on St. Patricks Day and a few months later she placed a beautiful baby in our arms.  I can not describe the love I have for birthmoms. Without them, I would not be a parent, it's a gift I don't take for granted.  Today, we celebrate Birthmom's everywhere, they are truly angels that roam the earth.

2.  I love my house, probably too much.  My Chalet is my happy place.  Right now the hillside is covered in green and yellow blooms and the weather has been sunny and warm.   We are swimming and I'm taking my computer outside every day to do some work.  It has been heaven.

3. The only downside of the beautiful weather and the abundant winter rains is that there are about 74 million bugs.  I'm pretty sure this is what it's like to live in Florida.  Also, I learned that my kids cannot close the back door even if their life depended on it.   So, I spend my evenings trying to shoo the bugs back outside.

4.  This St. Patricks Day, we are going to try playing "Cabbage Baseball"  It's like regular baseball, but you use a cabbage as a ball.  I think it might be a terrible idea or a brilliant idea, I'll keep you posted.   

5.  I am fairly late to the Podcast game.  I really only started listening to them a year ago.  However, I keep finding new ones that I love.  Currently, I'm loving My Favorite Murder.   It's entertaining and mildly intellectually stimulating.  I love a true crime story and I love being entertained, so this is a perfect blend for me.  If you like that kind of thing, check it out.  (Fair Warning, there is a lot of language.)

No comments: