Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Catching Up

A while back I had a birthday, same day as Chinese New Year. I love the art projects Mr. Boy came home with. For years I have dreaded my birthdays. Thanks to Mr. Man, he has made my birthdays an event to look forward to. It was a mellow day, full of little surprises. Mr. Man and the kids made a special dessert just for me. I personally love the Dinosaur candle. My annual birthday self portrait. Mr. Boy has been stealing my new camera (a Canon Elph, for those inquiring minds) and has been taking 100's of photos. In a few years pics like this will gross Mr. Boy out. But for now it's fun to hear him direct us during impromptu photo shoots with, "Great, now give her some sugar!" (which in our house means a kiss)Mr. Man loves ice cream more than anything. We've been taking the kids out for ice cream in their pajamas as a special treat quite a bit over the last few weeks. Mr. Man swears Ice Cream makes his ailing tummy feel better, and I'm happy to indulge. The kids love feeling like they should be in bed, but are out and about. It's funny to see the combinations the kids come up with at Coldstone. Marshmallow Ice Cream with Marshmallows, Dark Chocolate with Chocolate Chips, and seen in the pic below Cotton Candy with Gummy Bears. Delicious!Those dark handsome eyes are delicious too. Mr. Man has a lot on his plate right now, and I feel for him. However, things are getting exciting as he starts on some cool new projects. Mr. Boy will eat sweets and then stop when he's had a few spoonfuls. AK however has to finish every last delectable drop. She also gets feisty and very protective of her ice cream, just like her dad. And just because... it's a great pic. No one's tongue is sticking out, and no one is pinching someone else.

4 comments:

Brooke said...

Happy Birthday!

Brooke said...

Very cute pics ;) You look so LOVELY in your self-portrait - that's a good shot of you. And I love the pic of AK attacking her ice cream cup.

Unknown said...

I'm glad you had a good day! I love all the ice cream shots. :)

Mary said...

Yay for exciting new projects!!!

And I love ice cream! Your kids are brilliant.