Last year, I made a list on my birthday of things to accomplish in the upcoming year. Time to report on my progress.
1. Take my kids hiking. Done! Thank you new house! 2. Take Mr. Boy on an Airplane ride. Done!
3. MOVE... or should I just amend that to say.... have Mr. Man home every night...if that means moving, great, I'm game. Done!
4. Find pillows for the living room. Done, irony is now I don't have a living room to put them in.
5. Paint the family room "Vanilla" Done, thanks to Rafael the painter!
6. Watch the entire Planet Earth series Attempted it with kids, not cool, too much "real nature" for my super animal loving kids. Super awesome series!
7. Be on a gameshow Doh! Fail, didn't even attempt this, but I will for sure this year.
8. Get a bike and teach Nathan to love his. Got myself a bike... but moved to the top of a steep hill, not really teaching the kids bike skills here.
9. Run more often Done, thanks to Mr. Kenny's Bootcamp! You should see my crazy push up skills.
10. Go an entire day without saying, "This is not a trash can, clean up the mess please." Um.. I think I went at least one day! I swear this will be on my tombstone.
11. Go away with Mr. Man for a weekend. Done! 12. Get a pedicure. (I've never had one... manicure yes..pedicure no.) Done!
13. Maintain my eyebrows and haircut. (Yep admitting to the world, these are not my natural brows, imagine some 7 times thicker and larger) Almost.. kinda.. sorta. Spent most of the year growing out my brow disaster from May. These pencil thin eyebrows were lovely, but not practical on someone who was born with bushes for eyebrows. Haircut.. check! 14. Take Mr. Man up on his promise to help me pick out a pair of Manolo's Doh, why did I not do this? Especially when these are just calling out to me.
15. Get Mr. Boy reading and loving it. Reading yes, loving it... yes.. as long as it's not outloud.
16. Help AK learn all her letters and colors. Doh! Colors... but letters not so much.
17. Write a thank you note to the kid's birth parents. Done!
18. Take the kids on an honest to goodness vacation. Done! Hooray for a trip back to my hometown. 19. Get my iPod all hooked up with sweet playlist and get the kids iPod set up in their room. Done!
20. Host an awesome girls night at my house. Not so much a girl's night, but I had some awesome Playdates, where the moms got to relax while we threw snacks at the kids.
21. Learn to bake bread Not even close.
22. Attend my friend Laura's spin class, and not die during class so as not to embarass her. Oops, not yet but I will this year for sure!
23. Have playdates for my kids at least twice a month. Took half the year, but I got it together.
24. Figure out Lego Star Wars for the Wii -Done! Hooray!
25. Surprise Mr. Man with a fun themed dinner dates like I used to do. (I had a toga night, even the dogs wore togas!) - Done, with the kids involved too. Very enjoyable. The kids favorite was Luau night.
26. Write gratitude notes to the good people in my life, and send notes to two of my high school teachers. Did some notes.. but not to my high school teachers.
27. Buy Mr. Man a fabulous outfit, and while I'm at it.. one for me. I did buy Mr. Man a good casual outfit, I think I covered this one pretty well for myself.
28. Get family portraits taken - Done, although I was hoping for something a bit more artsy, not the classic studio shot.
29. Plant a Clementine Tree - ooo I cheated... bought a house with one!
30. Dress up for Halloween - Fail! What a shame, such an easy one too.
31. Learn Photoshop - Fail, I need to take a class. Although I did enjoy watching these.
32. Actually embrace and enjoy my birthday! Attempting this!