Thursday, November 25, 2010

Today I am grateful

Today I am grateful for this kitchen filled to the brim with family. They are my family by marriage, but make me feel like we've been related since birth. This is Mr. Man's Aunt, Uncle, and a slew of cousins, who have families of their own. There are oodles of "kid cousins" who are really second cousins to my kids, but they don't care, they all love each other. I love that my house was full of kids running around... Even if that meant it was really loud and all the boys wanted to do was wrestle. I love it, and Mr. Man and I whispered at the end of the night, "This was exactly what we imagined when we built this house." Lots of friends and family, loads of kids running around, and everyone having a good time. I love Mr. Man's aunt, she is the kind of person I want to become. She makes everyone feel like the center of the universe, and has the most contagious laugh. She has been a cheerleader in Mr. Man's life, cheering him on to do great things. When I first visited his Aunt's home, he said to me, "You are going to love my Aunt and Uncle, their house feels just like home to me." He was right. I love that the cousins make fun cupcakes that make me laugh and provided fun Kodak moments. And that there are girly cousins, who enjoy a whimsical purse and can talk about hair accessories for an hour. These are the kind of cousins I always wanted. On this day of giving thanks, I am grateful for family who embraces us, encourages us, and loves us just the way we are.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great post! Happy Thanksgiving to the QWendy family. Love you all!

Anna

Debra said...

Thank you, Wendy for the sweet sentiments Chris pointed out to me.
It's a mutual admiration society.
Love you! Debra