Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Goals for 2011

On this day (1/11/11), I can't help but feel like making a list of priorities.  It's probably because all those ones are staring at me and reminded me of the days I used a big bulky Franklin Covey system and made a list putting a #1 next to all the "URGENT" tasks.  

Since becoming a mother and mellowing out a bit, I have learned to scale back my to do list, lower my expectations.  The truth is, everything takes much longer when children are around.  Now, I'm scaling back even more with my mom being ill.  I cut back on afterschool activities in an attempt to be more flexible.

My ultimate goal is to GET HEALTHY!  My body has aged quickly this last year as I tackle lame stupid health issues.  Nothing major, but obnoxious.  I don't want to feel this way. It's a simple fix, eat more protein and workout.  Last year I was in the shape of my life, thanks to Mr. Kenny!. So this year I vow to excercise 3 times a week and eat more protein.

Then there is the fun stuff:
I want to hug this guy.   It's my lovable Rupert, who I love more than I should considering he is a wild animal.  This year I want to earn his trust so much that he lets me hug him. 
 This tabletop needs to stained to match the island. Hi Skoopi!
This is my "message center"  where the family calendar, birthday invites, sports schedules, school notes all reside.  It doesn't work for me.  I had a giant corkboard at my other house and I loved it. This area... it's just needs something to make it better.  Prettier...  more functional?  Help!
 This dresser is so lovely. It's over a hundred years old, and gorgeous. It was a wedding gift from my mom.  It's problematic in that I have no idea where it should be.  I want it in AK's room, but what color do you paint the room this is in?  Or maybe it should go in the entryway?
 My living room is so boring it makes even Sandy bored just walking through it.  And that lamp in the corner, the shade is always crooked. It drives me mad.  So this room needs a chair, a rug, and perhaps a new life.  And less Brown. Everything is brown brown brown.  You could stick a brown cow in the corner and I'd never even notice. It would just blend in.
There you have it.  Easy resolutions for the new year. 

3 comments:

Hillary said...

Your home is beautiful and if you want to work out with me, I grabbed the Groupon for 2 months of Jazzercise. Nope, not kidding ;)

Cimblog (tm) said...

Heh...Jazzercise...qwendy would fall over and break her ankles again! Vote NO...

Um, give the dresser to ME and then you won't have to worry about what it does or doesn't match. Problem solved. You're welcome.

Michel Grimaldi said...

J'adore votre maison