Wednesday, March 04, 2015

The Year of You, The Year of Me, The Year of Imagine Dragons

Last month I unveiled my 2015 project "The Year of You, the Year of Me".  A year of focusing on making myself a priority.  When on an airplane, they advise you to put your oxygen mask, and that's what I'm doing here.

The goal is to live my best life in 2015.  I want to seek out adventures, become healthier, and have internal peace.  As soon as I hit publish on my first post, an email popped into my inbox inviting me on my first adventure.   It was almost comical at how instantaneous this was.   Of course, I hemmed and hawed over how I would have to juggle some logistics with the kids.  Mr. Man stepped in and said, "You won't regret this, just do it, after all,  It's the Year of You."
So, I celebrated my official kick off of "The Year of You, The Year of Me" by dropping the kids off at school and meeting up with my pal Cim.  We attended a secret show for one of my favorite bands, Imagine Dragons.   It was amazing, just Cim, myself, and 298 other superfans watching a full concert that was being filmed for an online event. 

For the remainder of the month, I did very "adult things."   I interviewed doctors, set up doctor appointments, and worked with a therapist to forgive my mom for leaving me behind.   I have my first physical in 12 years booked for April and I feel so grown up.   Next thing you know I'll be talking about Metamucil and how my bad knee acts up when a storm is rolling in.

This month, my goal is eating my five fruits and vegetables a day.  Anyone game to join me?

No comments: