Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Hooray! We found a PreSchool for Nathan!

Check out this Pic of Nathan's new Preschool!!
Excuse me, what's that you say? It's a Shakey's Pizza? Yes that is right, we are sending Nathan to preschool at a Shakey's Pizza Parlor. That's what the cool mom's did in the 1980's. They gave the kids some quarters and $2 for the lunch buffet, and the kids played video games and ate pizza all day, and mom picked them up in time for t-ball.
Okay, the real story is that I toured a preschool that was AWFUL! It was messy and chaotic. The director informed me that they were moving to a new large location, hence the mess, at the end of July. She raved about the new location, and how it would have a fantastic layout with lots of centers for the kids to play in.
Even though the school was awful, I wondered if the new location was really fantastic would it make up for the chaos.. probably not. But curiousity got the best of me, and this is really close to the house. So I drove by the new location, and yep, it's Shakey's Pizza. It's closing early July according to the sign on the door. That means the preschool has 30 days to overhaul it, add a playground, and make it into a daycare facility. Uh... I don't think they are going to be able to do it in 30 days.
I'm imagining the salad buffett becomes the craft table, the sneeze guards will probably cut down on the communicable diseases that plague preschools. The crouton holder can hold all the glue sticks. The Baco bits holder can house the crayons, it just might work. My brother pointed out that they would have a killer time on "Kids in the Kitchen Day" making pizzas in the giant pizza oven.
So, bottom line, no I don't think Nathan will be attending Preschool at Little Shakey's Preschool Parlor.

No comments: