Saturday, October 27, 2007

Halloween Southern Cal Style...

Ash covered pumpkins. This pic didn't turn out all that well, but trust me those pumpkins are not as dull after they got a good dusting today. Spent a good portion of the day wiping ash off the deck furniture. The smoke did make for some amazing sunsets and sunrises. Just vibrant reds and oranges. While stuck indoors we spent a bunch of time playing in our costumes. AK is a monster, Nathan is a Giraffe (again!) This year he insists he is a "Star Wars Giraffe", hence the light saber.

This morning, it RAINED! Total Miracle! Just a few sprinkles, but perfect weather to curl up with the kids who lounged all morning in jammies.

3 comments:

Steph said...

Ok, I love the jedi giraffe. I'll have to tell Trey about that one. I'm feelin' ya on the covered in ash thing. I hosed down my yard one evening and the very next morning we were swimming in more ash. I can't seem to get it all clean! My kids constantly have black hands and feet (and of course faces). You'll have to post stories about how others receive Nathan's jedi giraffe!! Both your darlings are too cute!

Anonymous said...

That picture of you three in the chair is perfect. I love your jammies!

laura said...

lol - we had to clean the ash off our pumpkins tonight too!

love the star wars giraffe! :)