Mr. Boy walked over to me and said, "What are these?" showing me a handful of fertilizer balls, he has handpicked out of the soil.
Moi: Oh, those are fertilizer balls.
Mr. Boy: What happens if you eat them?
Moi: They are poison, so please don't eat them.
Mr. Boy: *brow furrowed* Oh.
Everyone carrys on and several minutes pass.
Mr. Boy: Mom, what happens if you eat five.
Moi: Um did you eat five?
Mr. Boy: Uh... well.. I accidentally ate one.
Moi: You will probably be fine, but don't eat more. Maybe I should check the bag.
Mr. Boy: So maybe... I accidentally ate two... or four.
The story came out, he ate 5 fertilizer balls and then I was on the phone with my pals over at Poison Control.. is this the 3rd or 4th time I've called? I've fogotten. Here is what I do know, I am making a list of things he has eaten that are not food. When it's time to go to prom, I'm going to sit down his prospective lady friend and say, "Ok, you need to steer clear of marbles, rocks, legos, and fertilizer balls, because he eats them." Maybe I'll safety pin a little note inside of Mr. Boys tux jacket with Poison Control's phone number... just in case. At this rate, we will probably on a first name basis with the Poison Control folks by then.