Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Fortress of Solitude

As we drove up to the house yesterday, Mr. Boy proclaimed, "Awesome, it's just like a Force Field around our house." Construction has begun on our addition, which will add 1,000 sq ft to the Chalet. I'm getting very excited! Last night at 5pm, the whistle blew and I bid adieu to the last hard hat, locking up the gate. Then I let the kids and dogs play with every window and door open. It was so nice not to have to worry about Sandy the Wandering Dog, walking down the hill into the heart of the city for a Pink's Hot Dog. I still can't understand why Sandy loves to wander towards the city when she has this in her backyard.
A couple other big benefits to the Force Field, it keeps out solicitors who can't figure out how the heck to get to the front door and even better when Mr. Man pulls up... I get to ask him for the password before I open the gate and let him drive on in. It feels very rogue.. kind of like a compound and I love it.

3 comments:

Cimblog (tm) said...

Jack Bauer is going to show up one of these days!

Mary said...

I'm so excited for your renovation! Can't wait to see the end results.

Brooke said...

VERY EXCITING! Take lots of before/after pics for me.