Tuesday, October 26, 2010

The kids are alright.

We are drowning in chaos right now. While they redo the old part of the house, I feel like we are living in an episode of Hoarders. This is what my family room looks like at this very minute. Are you jealous?
I'm frazzled, disorganized, and I forgot to pick up Mr. Boy yesterday.....again. Those blasted early dismissal days throw me for a loop! I feel like the worst mom, and I can't help but think, "We are torturing them with all this construction and chaos!" Are they going to look back and be like, "Really... we had a pinata next to a port-a-potty? Why was my birthday party 3 months after my actual birthday? And did you really think your festive banner would spruce up the construction fence?" And just when I start to fret that there isn't enough money in the world to pay for all the therapy the kids are going to need after this chaotic year.... I remind myself of this. We've spent many afternoons playing WWII in the trenches in the backyard. Notice the bike helmets being used as Army Helmets.
AK has spent hours digging holes with a big girl shovel and is mad at me in this pic for calling her in for dinner. The backyard has provided countless props for imaginative play. Why is ever prop turned into a gun with little boys? Here Mr. Boy plays with his "Giant Bazookum". Is it awful that I don't ever want him to stop creating new words or mispronouncing words?
And who hasn't wanted to spend the twilight hours playing on one of these.
The kids are going to be just fine.

4 comments:

Lori Thompson said...

Cute blog! ANd yes, the kiddos will be fine! You're a GRAET mom!

Brooke said...

Looks fun. My boys would love that - and girls too. I had a message from you on my phone but it was all static so call me back :)

Elizabeth-FlourishinProgress said...

You could not pay for a better wonderland for the kids. I'm imagining that this is going be a really fond memory for them later on.

Cimblog (tm) said...

I should be as lucky as your kids. when can i come play wwii??