Monday, December 15, 2008

Oh the weather outside is frightful....

All my out of state pals (oh look, that's 95% of you) are chuckling because I'm about to whine about how chilly it is.
It's rainy, cold, and the perfect day to skip school and work. However, AK & Mr. Boy threw a fit about missing school, something about being able to take their umbrellas to school, so we did our regular day. Do they have any idea how awesome it is to have a mom that says, "hmmm.. No school today!"? When we got home, we put on our Relaxipants (tm) as Mr. Boy refers to his lounge pants and watched holiday movies all afternoon. There was warm Apple Cider, Gingerbread cookies & Peppermint Joe-Joe's to snack on. It was the total opposite of our regular afternoon snack. This was no ordinary afternoon, after all, it was a time to spoil the children all in the name of Christmas. In between snuggling the wee ones for warmth, I put the finishing touches on the Holiday Cards. Fair warning, the Annual Top Ten list... major snooze fest. Get in your jammies and read it in bed, if you read it standing up outside the mailbox you will likely fall into a deep sleep right there. It was totally written by Mr. Man & myself at 2am, after we had used all our wit and humor making our own commentary and lines to the movie: What Happens In Vegas Today, I am grateful that my life affords me this luxury to be able to say... "Cancel the afternoon plans, we are staying inside to eat cookies and watch holiday movies!" I'm sure Mr. Man can find something to wear other than the clothes at the dry cleaner, and I bet the packages I intended to mail today will probably still make it to their destination before Christmas... It was all worth it to indulge these whims, they won't be little and snuggly forever.
Psst... Yaki.. that is your card in the front!

3 comments:

Brooke said...

Great idea - good for you!!

Mary said...

It was -2 this morning. I'm refusing to leave the house until it warms up.

Unknown said...

Right there with ya on the whining about the temps! ;)