Tuesday, March 17, 2009

St. Patricks Day

AK & Mr. Man have some Irish roots, however Mr. Boy is like Super Mega Irish boy. When he was a baby, I was stopped all the time by Irish folk who would remark at what a beautiful Irish Baby he was. Somehow over the years, St. Patrick's Day evolved into a huge holiday. The leprechauns have come to visit and cause mischief. Last Year they stole our bowls and left us leprchaun sized bowls. This year, they left footprints, and drew on our walls. They stole our bowls, and cups... leaving only the green ones behind. Next year, Mr. Boy wants to create an elaborate trap.We made clover shaped cookies to go with our corned beef and cabbage dinner. Lunches are green food with a shamrock sandwich. It's quickly becoming one of my favorite holidays, no gifts, just good food, frivolity, and family. Happy St. Patricks Day!

2 comments:

Mary said...

Oooh, I thought for a minute the Mr. Boy had tagged your wall for you. I'm glad it was just those naughty leprachauns.

Anonymous said...

I heart frivolity! Plus, I'm like 1/64th Irish, so...there's that.