Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Brilliance Meets Stupidity

Sheer Brilliance: Taking a your kiddos and their friends to the drive thru car wash. Eleven minutes of pure joy as the car gets scrubbed with giant brushes while you watch from inside the car. Meet Stupidity: Lost items make me batty. I will tear the house apart looking for something insignificant. For two weeks I scoured the house looking for this phone. We have other cordless phones, but the fact that one just simply dissappeared... it just HAD to be found. For fourteen days I opened the fridge 4,000 times a day to feed the masses and never noticed my phone was hanging out with the condiments. Even worse... putting the phone in there it's totally something I would do, I'm sure I was the culprit. And lastly a gripe... my smartphone got amnesia. Lost all my phone numbers, my appointments, my to-do lists. Argghh! If you haven't heard from me, it's because I have no contact info for you. It's like I'm back in the 20th century, pulling out a paper calendar and a giant phone. It's awesome, makes me want to throw on some flannel & Nirvana and dance in a mosh pit.

5 comments:

LFP said...

In your defense, the phone does look quite at home there. Hangin' with the mustard and other sauces.

[O] jai said...

That is extra funny because my Parmesan cheese went missing a week ago and I just now found it sitting on top of the fridge. I choose to blame the cat.

Mary said...

Who *doesn't* keep phones in the fridge??

Similarly, I like to keep my remotes in the microwave.

oneil said...

next time, be sure to open the windows in the blow dry section. It's high adventure.

Cimblog (tm) said...

I once lost a kitten in the fridge. At least your phone wouldn't *die* die.

(no, the kitten didn't die...I found him alive and well and a little crisper than when he went missing)