Monday, March 26, 2012

No really! It happened to a friend of a friend of mine..

A long time ago, my dear friend Cinnamon (yes that is her real name) introduced me to her oldest friend, Tamitha.  We became friends in spite of, in lieu of, or because of Cinnamon.  I think I knew we would be friends forever from the first time we met.  
One day we met up for lunch and when I unloaded the challenge I was facing,  she just looked me in the eye and said, "That's hard, I don't have the answer to that, but I know you are going to be okay regardless of the outcome."  Instead of being tritely comforting, "You'll get through it." or "It's not a big deal" or "It will work out."  She gave me love and reassurance. We've spent many hours laughing and crying over the years, and it is always a good time when we are together.   Right now, she is facing a big trial and I am in awe with how she is handing things with nothing but grace. 
   
Recently, Tamitha turned 40, and her loving family threw her a giant elegant bash to celebrate. Tamitha is the one on the left, Cinnamon is the one on the right. i'm the one in the middle in case you couldn't tell.
 
After a lovely dinner, the party took a turn.  And just like every good party,  everyone was dancing with a Gorilla and I ended up wearing a lampshade on my head.   
In other words, the party was fantastic! 

4 comments:

jai said...

Yep. That sound about right.

Cimblog (tm) said...

...and cimblog(tm) sucked her thumb.

heh heh heh
"Right now, she is facing a big trial and I am in awe with how she is handing things with nothing but grace."

heh heh heh

Tammy said...

Oh my! I'm the topic of your blog post! How exciting! I'm so glad you came to my party and had a good time. You know, it wouldn't be a party without a gorilla and a girl with a lamp shade on her head! Thanks for the sweet words too. I think grace is the farthest thing from how I've handled most of this big trial...cimblog(tm) must agree with that...but I'm trying! We'll see how much grace I have when things really get going! Love you lots!

Cimblog (tm) said...

well...now...my giggle was in the use of the word 'trial' that you're going through... NOT the word grace...