Thursday, May 15, 2008

A confession about BlueTooth Headsets...

I should have put this in my last post, but chicken'd out. However, some of you might not know the side of me that seeks out my own personal entertainment while out in public.

Whenever I see someone wearing one of those headsets out in public, and they are obviously NOT on the phone, I make it a point to stop them and ask if they know the time. Then I stare at the earpiece, and point to my ear, and apologize immediately and whisper, "Oh sorry, I didn't know you were on the phone." Then I walk away.... And inside my head, I'm cracking myself up.

A little while back while standing in line at Starbucks, the guy in front of me was wearing his Earpiece very proudly. So when they called for the next person, I cut in front of him, and when he said... "Hey.. I was next!" I pointed to my ear, and said "Oh, I thought you were on the phone." The Baristas were smirking, trying not to chuckle, and this guy got really really ticked off. He ROARED AT ME, "I'm a VERY WEALTHY & SUCCESSFUL BUSINESSMAN, AND I NEED TO BE AVAILABLE TO MY CLIENTS ALL DAY LONG!" I let him order first of course, but couldn't help notice my drink was done before his. Also, if he was so wealthy and successful... why didn't he buy my drink?

3 comments:

stacy said...

Hee hee. I laughed out loud. Mostly because I can imagine your facial expression while you did it. I picture a big mocking serious Wendy smirk. Am I right?

Unknown said...

Bwahaha! I need to shop with you. You'd entertain me all day. :)

laura said...

you are BAD!!

sometimes, i have to leave my earpiece on or i will NEVER get the damn thing back in my ear. see, i'm not a wealthy, successful businessman. i am headset challenged. and now, i have to worry about people like YOU mocking me!

:P :P :P :P