Friday, July 11, 2008

Not one of my better ideas...

I visited a client this morning and their beautiful labrador Penny was sporting a short sleek coat. They had her shaved once the groomer assured them that it is okay to shave a labrador. I also admired the fur free corners of their home and decided Sandy who has the same fur type would benefit from a good shave. (Not all labradors have the same type of fur!) Because I'm a cheapskate and was unwilling to shell out the $100 to have her shaved, I tried myself with my handy clippers. I don't think I'd do it again, it looks awful! This is officially my worst idea to date! The upside I have not stopped laughing in the past hour as I look at her streaky buzzed fur. Mr. Man is going to fall over when he sees this.

I was just getting started when Mr. Man left for a doc appointment. I still can not believe he asked me, "What are you doing?" and my response was "Shaving Sandy" and then Mr. Man kept on walking. He didn't even bat an eye. I'm an accountant not a dog groomer... which from the pictures above is painfully obvious. I have a feeling Sandy is going to milk this for all the treats and snacks she can possibly get.

6 comments:

Cimblog (tm) said...

OH MY GOSH! Do not do that again. EVER. [Note to self, do not let Qwendy cut my hair]

....what did you do to her elbow??!!

Cindy said...

Now that you're into the home haircuts, maybe you can try out a nice home hair coloring kit on her. Isn't brunette totally in?

You need a Flowbee.

Unknown said...

Omigosh! That poor dog!

But I got a good laugh out of it, so thanks! :P

laura said...

poor, poor sandy!! how COULD you?!?!?

(laughing along with beth...)

Steph said...

Ok, i'm totally having flashbacks to cutting my brother's hair, like 15 years ago. My parents were out of town and I was left in charge (yeah - mistake numero UNO). Somehow he got a hold of scissors and chopped a section of hair to the scalp. I thought i'd be resourceful and shave his head, only I didn't have clippers. I decided I could do just as good a job with the shears. Uh huh... I was 16, still learning life lessons. He looked just like poor Sandy, only much worse 'cause his hair is flaming red. We're sistas in learning that life lesson the hard way.

Anonymous said...

LOL! She looks so awesomely bad!

Mary