Wednesday, September 03, 2008

This may sound like I'm gloating...

I'm pretty much going to gloat about how awesome it is that Mr. Boy's school doesn't start until next week. Yesterday was the first day for most of my neighborhood. This morning I drank my tea while watching the kiddos of the neighborhood, march out in their new outfits, posing for a picture, and then hop in the car with shiny new backpacks. AK spent a leisurely morning in her jammies, while Mr. Boy enjoyed some novacaine at the dentist's office. Then we headed out to Disneyland, because I heard this is the world's best day to go. It was INDEED the best day to go.... our wait on any ride was never longer than 8 minutes.
Mr. Boy's favorite was the monorail...
Where we sat up front with the driver...
And pretended to drive...(They gave AK a Happy Birthday Pin to wear, because her recent birthday meant that we had to shell out some dough to buy her a pass to make her legit. For whatever reason they put the pin on her as if it was her birthday, which I told them it wasn't. AK loved being told "Happy Birthday" and would say, "Thank you, Happy Birthday!" right back to them.)Also, the monorail driver was this tiny older gentleman, who was hilarious and told fart jokes while honking the monorail horn the whole trip. Mr. Boy, AK, and the newlywed couple, who rode with us, were laughing hysterically the whole time. We learned how to be Jedi's, and when the show was over the storm troopers were walking off stage and Mr. Boy pretended to shoot one of them. The storm trooper tripped and fell down, which made Mr. Boy ecstatic that he might have more than just super powers, he might also be a Jedi.And this my friends is the whole reason I had children....
We rode the teacups eight times in a row. It's my all time favorite ride, and Mr. Man is lame with his, "I get motion sickness" wimpy attitude. However, these kids are awesome... eight times in a row, and they never got bored. AK's eyes started to look like they might roll back in her head, and she took on a slightly greenish tint... so we stopped. I had a nightmare that night that I'm sitting in a parent teacher conference and the teacher says, "It's almost as if their brain cells were subjected to a continual centrifugal force. Their brains are all scrambled." It's a small price to pay to enjoy the teacups, I'm so excited to have two little teacup companions.

No comments: