Wednesday, September 30, 2009
Monday, September 28, 2009
I loved chatting with Susan at Fun Places Publishing, who wrote THE ULTIMATE guidebook on places to go with your kids in Southern California. This thing is awesome and full of great info. She also gave us the best "You can do this, and you will not regret homeschooling" pep talk. Through her book, I realized homeschooling gives you the flexibility to teach hands on. Want to learn about the ocean, go to the beach, visit the aquarium, go whale watching... 10 times better than a textbook. This book is crazy amazing for anyone young and old looking for a local adventure. Are you aware that there is something called CAVA. which is a virtual academy that is FREE to those who reside in certain counties in California? Orange County & LA County are included. They provide your curriculum, online lectures, and access to a teacher to guide you. It's amazing, and it uses K12 curriculum which we loved.
Thursday, September 24, 2009
Anyway... There are a few things I can't live without this Back to School Season.
1. Camelbak Water Bottles are saving me some serious cash, no more juiceboxes. Even better, they come home empty everyday so I know my kids are drinking water.
2. Mabels Labels who is saving me even more money, with her awesome labels that I stick on everything the kids take to school. These labels go through the dishwasher, the laundry, and they still stay on. The kids water bottles have been misplaced, but quickly returned thanks to these labels.
3. Oh, Cliff Bar... how I adore thee, for making delicious kid's Zbars. The kids gobble them up and on those mornings we hit the snooze bar one too many times, it's easy to throw the Zbars at the kids to chow down on the way to school.
4. These awesome melamine plates have been on my wishlist forever. They are on sale at Target for less than $2 bucks each, so I stocked up. I just wanted some non breakable plates that I could have for a casual gathering. Super simple they can be dressed up or down. One day I will be in a phase where my first concern isn't "oooo, that's breakable."
5. Oops, Not Pictured... Google Reader which keeps all my favorite blogs that I love to follow organized and easy to read.
Thursday, September 17, 2009
Sunday, September 13, 2009
Thursday, September 10, 2009
Tuesday, September 08, 2009
Monday, September 07, 2009
Wednesday, September 02, 2009
Tuesday, September 01, 2009
I knew he would be okay... eventually. How many days would it take? Not long because this is the kid I picked up from school. He loved it.
He asked his teacher as he left, "How many hours until I wake up and come back?" His teacher told me that by noon he was acting as if he owned the place and was trying to run the joint. I think she figured out pretty quickly that he is a leader not a follower. Phew, so far, so good.