Saturday, December 11, 2010

Dec 11th

We started off the day with Donuts with the Coach and Mr. Boy got his very first trophy.  He has wanted one so badly, that he even bought one at a garage sale, just to have one.  He was thrilled and slept with it. 
We visited Town Hall for a snow day, but apparently I need to make friends with the mayors office because the line was ridiculously long to play in the snow.
That evening we put on our dorky  traditional Scandinavian sweaters and headed to the Church Christmas Party. 
 They started to wrestle in line while waiting for Santa... bad idea kiddos.
 Finally they got to see Santa.
AK abandoned the idea of the Princess Sink and opted for some Star Wars Action Figures.  Mr. Man and I breathed out a collective sigh of relief.  Mr. Boy rattled off a lengthy list and when Santa responded with, "We'll see."  He got all annoyed and kept asking us, "What does that mean? Am I getting an iPhone or what?"  I can already tell you buddy, you ain't getting an iPhone. You are 7, and I don't care if all your actor friends have one.
Cinnamon sealed her place on the Naughty List when she stole this baby right out of my arms.  Then as I took a picture the steps to see Santa collapsed.   They look like they could be related.. "Oh!"  I think everytime I mention Cinnamon, I should pull out this pic of her.  "See.. this is what she looks like!"
 These two pals are like identical twins, except they are a year and a half apart and not related.  They fake their birthdays, tell dramatic stories , and use their curls  like Kryptonite to get their way.
 

5 comments:

Cimblog (tm) said...

The timing on that picture of that funny looking girl with the baby couldn't have been better...

When I first read it I thought you said Santa collapsed on the steps, which is a way better story than "Cinnamon got distracted by the loud noise and bright lights..."

jai said...

CIM: "Look out, Santa! Nooooooooooooo!"

Elizabeth-FlourishinProgress said...

A santa photo with smiling kids...priceless!

I love, love the matching sweaters. My parents used to make my brother and me dress in matching outfits as kids and we hated it then, but get a kick out of the pictures now. =)

Hillary said...

Okay, I'm totally stealing your "use their curls like Kryptonite" line. I'm still chuckling about it.

I love that Nate bought a trophy at a garage sale. Brilliant! He should get AK to make up an awesome story about it ;)

Jenny said...

I need to know where to get good Star Wars action figures! Help me please oh great mom of Star Wars wisdom...