Sunday, December 05, 2010

Dec 5th

We wrote letters to Santa. I love the intensity as they contemplate their wish lists. Mr. Boy's list is a mile long. AK wrote about how much she loves Santa, and his reindeer. She also wondered if she could ask Santa for a Princess Sink! Yikes, I'm not even sure what that is. Instead she decided to ask for a Polly Pocket Princess. We took the kids out back to play in the pool. We were finally allowed to walk on it. We tried out the hot tub, very very nice. Man I love the backyard, I can not wait for it to be done.
Skoopi can't wait either. She loves the Wading Area. When I was AK's age, we built a pool in our backyard and my neighbor friend and I spent days running around the pool just like this.
My older brothers could not WAIT to skateboard in the pool during the concrete phase. As soon as the concrete was dry, they schemed to get my mom out of the house. They even tried to lure my mom out of the house by the, "Mom! We are out of milk!" (I believe they poured the milk down the sink.) The minute my mom pulled out of the driveway, my brothers were skateboarding in the pool. I didn't have a skateboard, so I resorted to roller skates... bad idea. Then I tried my banana-seat rainbow Huffy bike complete with training wheels. Bad idea again, but at least I tried!

4 comments:

Elizabeth-FlourishinProgress said...

First, I am wiping my brows for you at having escaped trying to find a princess sink. I do not know what that is, but if you ever find out, please, please share it with us. =)

Second, that pool project looks absolutely amazing!! The hot tub looks especially inviting and i bet it will look even better with water in it....and maybe a margarita!=)

laura said...

woo hoo! that's gonna be one sweet pool! can't wait to see it come along i think we have a princess sink... a kitchen, anyways, with a sink. maybe??

love the star wars magazine in the first shot. has nathan seen the lego brickmaster book/lego sets?? jack was very excited! :)

xo

Brooke said...

LOOKS SO FUN!!! I'm not sure you should even fill it ;)

Cimblog (tm) said...

I wanna play in the pool!