Tuesday, January 08, 2008

It all started with a note from.....

It all started with a note from Mr. Boys Preschool teacher. Telling us... well.. that's not important...good things though... what is important... it reminded me that I needed to send a sympathy card to a friend who lost a loved one this week. As I went through my stash of cards, I started to weed out the ones that were just too frilly, cheezy, or foofy to ever send to anyone. Then I got to thinking about correspondence. In this tech savvy day, we have instant access to people... via cell phone, text messaging, email.... we just spout off the neccessary communication so easily and instantly.

How often do we sit and contemplate then write something heartfelt to those around us?

So, I took some of the cheezy and foofy cards, and instead of tossing them, I wrote... and then kept writing until I had this impressive stack of notes. It was the best thing I've done all year.

Try it...

2 comments:

christina said...

What a great thing to do with your day! I had a DAY today and to think I could have done something wonderful, like you did. Brilliant

Karlea said...

Wendy,

LOVE the idea of writing cards. I agree it is a lost art. I'm sure the receivers will be thrilled at their arrivals.

Ahhhh, I didn't marry a Texan. I married a SoCal boy whose parents moved to Houston 2 years ago. Houston is beautiful, beautiful, but I hear the summers are dreadful.

How is preschool going for you guys this year?? So fun to catch up on your blog!!