Monday, January 14, 2008

New Year's Resolutions...

I always vow to do things differently in the new year..."This will be the year... I *insert unattainable obnoxious goal here* Then I fail, beat myself up, and spend New Years Eve reflecting on what a failure I've been.
So.. while having breakfast with my dear friend Laura, somehow we got to talking about resolutions, and she is brilliant. She said her resolution for this upcoming year... blow dry her hair, instead of air-drying. And so I'm shamelessly stealing herNew Years Resolution.

Yep, that is all. For 2008, I will blow dry my hair.

Now granted, it's not like I already do this, so it's taken a bit of effort... but for the most part it has been the most successful resolution I've made. I had previously sworn that 2008 will be the year of good health, but already that is proving to be much more difficult to keep.

I appreciated one of my blogger friends list of resolutions was things like...
-love Crowded House, more than the last year (her favorite band)
-Not smoke Crack
-Answer the telephone by saying "Hello"
Those are all very attainable resolutions, however, the Crowded House one I'd have to work on.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.

Anonymous said...

So, we were talking about resolutions...my friends were naming things like, "be better at church requirements", "date more", "get organized." Then they looked at me...

My eyes welled up and I said, "stay out of the hospital...that's really it."

*sigh*